Call: 0114 2792872

Crater Law Solicitors Ltd
Courtwood House
Silver Street Head
S1 2DD

T: 0114 2792872
F: 0114 2792601

Contact us


The UK government operates a five-tier points-based system for non-EEA migrants to work here. The Home Office applies a points-based system together with other requirements under the immigration rules. Applying can be a complex process, as can renewals and applications to change visa category.

Tier 1 visa

There are five types of Tier 1 visa for highly skilled and exceptionally talented workers, or investors and entrepreneurs:

* tier 1 exceptional talent visa

* tier 1 entrepreneur visa

* tier 1 graduate entrepreneur visa

* tier 1 investor visa

* tier 1 general visa

Tier 1 applications are closely examined by the Home Office and have very high refusal rates. We can offer high-quality business consultation services and will advise you on your chances of success. If your business or investment plans are strong enough, we will work with you to develop them to the required standard. We will complete your application to the highest possible standard and ensure you are thoroughly prepared for your interview.

Tier 2 visa

There are four types of Tier 2 visa. In all cases, you will need a certificate of sponsorship from your employer or, if you are a sportsperson, from your sport’s governing body.

* Tier 2 (General) visa, for work in any job role where there is a current ‘skills shortage’ in the UK

* Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa

* Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) visa

* Tier 2 (Sportsperson) visa

Tier 5 visa

There are six types of Tier 5 visa, which require a certificate of sponsorship. They cover temporary and voluntary work in the following roles: Charity Worker, Creative and Sporting, Government Authorised Exchange), International Agreement, Religious Worker and Youth Mobility Scheme.

We will guide you through the whole process to give you the best possible chance of success with your application.